Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Blog Review - John Chow.com

As a new comer to the world of blogging I'm starting to realize how important having an organized and well thought out blog is. And in fact this is the reason that I'm reviewing John Chow's blog as part of his freelink back contest.

Right away when you go to John's site, there is a clean and well organized layout that is quite striking. It also doesn't hurt that he has a gorgeous vette right at the top. The menus are well organized and it is easy to find a topic on things such as Investing, Dining and Fine Cars all of which I have great interest in. Also, I like the fact that subscription to his RSS is in several places and at the top of every page (you wouldn't believe how many pages have a difficult to find or even non-existant choice of feed).

Beyond the obvious clean features of the layout, the topics themselves are either news worthy or in depth discussions such as The Greater Fool Theory which is one of my favorite articles of all time. It combines John's market wisdom with enough satire to be engaging. News related articles are not simply a rehash of the news but a take on it that is very personable and readable.

Overall I rate John's site very highly for layout, useability, readability and interest. It is exactly what I would expect to see from a sophisticated entrepreneur.
Save to del.icio.us

No comments: